2.2 jailbroken return to Apple

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lavrishevo, Dec 23, 2008.

1. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Just to confirm to everyone. Restored my jailbroken 2.2 and exchanged for a new one at Apple in no time at all. No problems, just restore and then reset all under resets.

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Of course there wasn't a problem. :)

Just don't tell any of the jailbreaking critics- they'll have to think of some other reason to talk people out of jailbreaking.....

3. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I've done it for the three replacements I got. There is no secret software they used to check to see if it had ever been jailbroken. All you need to do is restore. I laugh when people talk about special software that detects whether the device has ever been hacked. :p

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Good onya' OP! I had a near JB fatality with a friend's v1 iPhone that was JB, when it went to a black screen and just flickered on and off, then was stuck in the silver apple screen mode. (she was lucky that she selected to keep her silver apple logo v. going with the pineapple). Anyway, we explained that it was frozen and the Genius ran a restore on it, but it wouldn't reboot. We knew it was a JB iPhone, but they swapped it out without further investigation. Whew...:eek:

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I'm on my fifth iPhone now (long story) and I didn't even bother restoring three of them - I just took them in jailbroken (obviously without any custom themes active) ... no problem.

6. pietka macrumors newbie

How she do that? :rolleyes:

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

When setting up 2.1 JB, you had the option to keep the Apple logo or select the pwnage pineapple, and she selected to keep the silver Apple logo...

8. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

Just showed this thread to someone I know, who doesn't want to JB incase his warrenty is voided. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction for him.