2.2 Now or 2.4 on july 31

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andydandy, Jun 19, 2007.

  1. andydandy macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2007
    #1
    Hi im a student and i would like a nice laptop to love and use for the next 3 years i have decided to switch to mac. I will definatly use final cut studio 2 I alwayse use as much power as i can i tend to push my machines. Any way i will be joining a small youth tv organisation which is in need of power and my question to u is should i wait for my birthday (july 31) for the extra Vram and hardrive space which i definatly need for final cut studio or just get the hardrive upgrade with the 2.2 and not wait another month.
     
  2. Squonk macrumors 65816

    Squonk

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2005
    #2
    If you choose to wait another 5 weeks or so, there may be refurbished units of the current models (2.2 & 2.4) available. If I am not mistaken, the refurbs would cost you less than a new one with your student discount. But still use your student discount on AppleCare if you plan to purchase it. :)
     
  3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
  4. LeviG macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2006
    Location:
    Norfolk, UK
    #4
    do you need it right now. If its a no then wait, the very worst is you have some extra cash to spend on other things at the same time.
     

Share This Page