2.2 or 2.4Ghz 15"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Moleeth, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Moleeth macrumors newbie

Thinking of purchasing a Macbook Pro in the near future although im stuck on whether to just get the 2.2 Ghz model or shell out a bit more for the 2.4 Ghz. 17' model is out of the question as its to big for my needs.

im also switching from windows so id like to have an install of windows as well using bootCamp for 3ds Max and Games.

thanks

2. Josheua macrumors regular

I would say the 2.4 for sure. You get a larger hardrive, better graphics card, and the boosted processor. This will, overall, will give you a boost in performance across the board as well as the added in storage could come in handy down the road.

Hope this Helps.

-Josh :apple:

3. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

MBP 2.2 (128M VRAM ) vs MBP 2.4 (256M VRAM)

I have a question similar to that of the OP -- I will be buying a 15" MBP, and my budget would cover either a 2.2 machine with 4G memory or a 2.4 machine with 2G memory.

The comparison in the barefeats link is interesting, but has someone compared the performance of the two models under leopard? All that 3D stuff, animation, stacks, spaces seems to be very GPU-intensive, and I'd like to know how does a 128M VRAM GPU handle it.

If there's a thread about it, please point to me.

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba