2.2 Password protected my phone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jgeist1, Nov 21, 2008.

1. jgeist1 macrumors newbie

Has this happened to anyone else? I have never locked my phone with a password before. I installed 2.2 and when I went to use it the 4 number password screen showed up. I tried entering common things like 1234, 1111, 9999, but it keeps saying wrong password. I had to go to work, so I'm sitting here all day with a phone I can't use. I'm going to try to do a restore when I get home.

Let me know if anyone else has had this problem.

-Jason

2. fishmoose macrumors 68000

3. 00000000 macrumors newbie

2.2 protected my phone too! I tried 0000 but it disabled my phone for 15 min.

4. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

it should be the last four #'s of your phone number.

5. 00000000 macrumors newbie

I tried it and it didn't work. My phone is now disabled for 60 min.

6. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Maybe you should call Apple? seems very strange they probably have some kind of reset code for the lock

7. RED™ macrumors regular

RED™

After updating I checked my Options and the auto lock was activated, 2 hours though so I had no problem with the code thing.

8. TCorey macrumors newbie

This same thing has happened to me. Only difference is that I already had a password on my phone. The password I've always used is not working at all...have tried at least 10 times and now my phone is locked for an hour.

Am i to try the last four digits of my phone number when the phone is functioning in a hour?

9. minhaferzz macrumors newbie

Same thing is happening to my iPhone. I previously had mine jailbroken and I'm curious if that was the problem. Anyone else having this problem that also had it jailbroken?

10. mgladhar macrumors newbie

passcode problem with upgrade

The same thing happened to me when I upgraded and I really panicked. I tried the last four digits of my phone number and that worked. Good grief! What a bad thing to do to users!:(

Thanks for the tip though. Whew!

11. Psyxologos macrumors regular

I already had a pass code lock in my phone. After 2.2 nothing changed. All is well!