2.2 SR MBP Replaced!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aerove, Jul 15, 2010.

1. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

hey guys.. the issues i've been having with my MBP are pretty well documented in the forums.. i had the LCD changed once , logic board once , superdrive twice and the power charger once and the battery once... i just got the logic board fixed in may and the same bug (with the graphical artefacts) started showing up again on my mac and so on... I was anyways under applecare so i called them up and told them about my situation,, and they agreed to send me a brand new MBP with a hires display (customised !!!) :) :) i'm waiting for them to mail me the shipping label so that i can ship mine back to them :) :)

I love apple!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::):)

P.S: when i first made the call to talk about the issues wit my battery , it had 300+ cycles on it and the applecare rep told me that they wouldn't replace the battery cause it has run its life :confused::confused::confused::confused: i dont understand what he meant by that but anyways doesnt matter to me.. so anyhow if anyone else's battery says service battery or something else out of the ordinary dont delay in calling applecare like me! :) :) .. anyhow this was before i started describing my other issues when my call was transferred to a higher authority!! :) :) :) :)

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It's good that Apple took care of you. With all the problems you've been having with your computer, it's not surprising that Apple provided you with a replacement which usually happens.

As for the battery running it's life, Apple considers 300 cycles as a whole battery life meaning the battery should retain 80 percent of it's original capacity at 300 charge cycles.

3. Xenophon macrumors regular

The above just goes to show that Apple are not consistent in the application of their policies. Where I am (Delhi) there's no Apple shops, just a premium reseller. My battery failed catastrophically after 13 months/120 cycles and they told me that even if I'd had AppleCare it wouldn't be covered b/c they consider it a consumable. After 13 months/120 cycles...go figure.

And yes, I did advance the '80% charge after 300 cycles' argument. They told me to buzz off.

Anyway, glad they sorted it out for you but trust me, there's other possible outcomes too.

4. creative78 macrumors regular

creative78

Congrats on your new computer, glad Apple took care of you.

I've just gone through the same process this week. My computer went in for a 2nd logic board replacement (GPU issue) and was sent back in terrible condition. Apple offered to replace it with a new i5 15".

My replacement computer is on a plane to Anchorage via Japan as we speak. I was given the impression I'd receive it Friday, but Monday looks more likely. :)

5. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

haha.. i wish i get mine soon!! :) unfortunately apple made a mistake in the fedex label so waiting for them to get back to me

hmm i mentioned about the battery replacement ...i did that in india too.. what i would suggest is look for a apple authorized service center..go there and talk to them directly,.. its worth a shot.... delhi should definitely have one... and 120 cycles is not bad at all!! hope this helps

6. MikeinJapan macrumors regular

Same here I got an i7 from an G1 unibody. Pretty great service if you as me.

7. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

shipped my old one today... will post the unboxing pics as soon as the new one gets in! can't wait! :D i hope the hires screen is awesome.. if anyone has a picture of their mbp with the hi-res screen can u post it here or point to a link ??