2.2 Upgrade Drops Calls?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fangiotophia, Nov 23, 2008.

1. fangiotophia macrumors newbie

fangiotophia

Hey everyone,

After upgrading to 2.2 I have had 3 conversations and 5 dropped calls! Also, last night, I had 3 people attempt to contact me and it simply didn't work...no phone calls, no text-messages, didn't even get my e-mail. When I picked up my phone, it said "No Service". As soon as I picked it up to look at it, it got back on the network and notified me that I had voicemail.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I will keep testing it today to see if it continues to happen and if so, I will restore. Just wanted to know if I was the only one or not.

Thanks!

2. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Mmm... no, I'm not experiencing any problems yet.
    I actually called someone in an area where I get shakey service and my call didn't drop, and my mother who was on the other line said I sounded clearer than ever.
    So 2.2 has been good to me. Sorry you have been having problems. I hope you have your problems fixed soon!

3. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Excuse me for my accidental double post :eek:

4. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Not yet, have you tried restarting the phone?

5. fangiotophia thread starter macrumors newbie

fangiotophia

I have indeed restarted the phone multiple times. The first was because my battery drained completely in about 8 hours of standby...after restarting, the battery lasts much longer.

Since it appears to only be a problem with me, I guess I will attempt to restore to the latest version...if that doesn't work, I might have to downgrade to 2.1 :-(

In any case, I will probably run by my local apple store and have them look at it. Thanks for the responses!

6. AkenanM macrumors newbie

I've actually found that the screen isn't blanking when I put my ear up to talk so I've lost calls and muted them due to my face touching the buttons.

7. fangiotophia thread starter macrumors newbie

fangiotophia

Lol, I used to do that all the time with the first gen iPhone because the sensor would never recognize that I put it up to my ear. However, in this case, that is not my problem.

I did a restore last night and everything SEEMED to be okay. I made a received a few short calls, so I decided to restore from a backup so that I would have all of my contacts and whatnot and now I have the exact same problem again. Although this time, I couldn't even get service.

I restarted the phone and enabled/disabled airplane mode multiple times so that it would search for the network again. Still, no service.

I then read something about AT&T asking a user to disable 3G, so I decided to give it a try. It appears to have worked...not sure if it will stay, but I have been monitoring it and it has had a steady signal and I made a call without any problems.

However, this solution sucks being that I am in a 3G capable network practically all day, every day. I'm going to swing by the AT&T store later today to see if they can help. If not, I will go by my (newly local) Apple store to see what they have to say.

Thanks for the responses!