2.2 vs 2.4 GHz refurbished Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gerbil, Apr 21, 2008.

1. gerbil macrumors member

gerbil

Hi,

I'm gonna go refurbished and would like to find out what the difference is between these two 15inch models other than HD size and video card. Is the 2.2 an earlier model (July 2007) versus the 2.4 (November 2007)?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Unless 2.4 is the current low-end, they are from the same revision (rev. C SantaRosa) so the difference is CPU clock speed, RAM amount (1GB vs 2), HD size, graphics card memory.

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

4. Fogtripper macrumors member

After switching around my refurb order this weekend (turned out the 3.0 MP was last year's high-end processor), I have a theory.

I THINK that in the refurb list, if it shows a certain % off of the original price, and shows the original price along with the "sale" price, then it is a current model. That is to say: able to be configured as such in the apple store as a new machine.

The 3.0 I was looking at is indeed last years Clover Processor. I switched the order to the (confirmed) Harpertown one (circled). The CSR agent I spoke with when updating the order kind of went through the same thought process as I.:
    [​IMG]

5. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

Why are you using the Mac Pro (desktop) information instead of the Macbook Pro (notebook) information?

6. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Wrong thread?

7. gerbil thread starter macrumors member

gerbil

A 2.4GHz MBP updated in February came up on refurb for 25% off so I ordered it! Can't wait! Thanks for your replies!