2-24"s or 1-30"

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Tracer, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Tracer macrumors 6502

Given current Dell prices I can afford 2, 24" Monitors or 1, 30" Monitors.

What are your thoughts guys?

24 inchers equals about 4.6MP, while the 30 inch is 4.1

Would like to here from any and all.

Thanks

Tracer

2. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

It really depends on what you are going to be doing (which apps). I have both set-ups (sort of). I have two 24" Dells, two 30" Dells and two 30" ACDs. The 24s are not great if you have applications which are best with extra vertical height. The 30" is much better for that. However, you give up some horizontal width. If that is more important, then the 24's are better.

3. slughead macrumors 68040

slughead

I'd go with the 30. The difference in pixels is worth the ability to do full screen stuff utilizing all your space.

I say this as a guy who has 3 monitors hooked up :)

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I tried a dual monitor setup, although I found that I am so used to one monitor setups that I just can't use two monitors productively. I'd say just get the 30".

5. DRR macrumors newbie

What apps? It's really a matter of personal preference.

For single photoshop image editing, I'd say 30" since you can get more image in there. For FCP or something similar that requires a lot of switching back to the finder, I'd say 2x24". But that's just the way I work. I think it all depends on your applications and your workflow.

6. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

30". It is a beautiful thing to have so much open and free space in front of you. It takes a little getting used to, but I think it works very well. I wouldn't like looking back and forth between to screens nor the bezels between them. I also really like the height of the 30".

7. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

wow. :eek: how I envy you. lol :p

8. mavherzog macrumors 6502

I've been contemplating getting a Mac Pro PRIMARILY so that I can do two 30" displays. My work laptops have WUXGA displays...I'd like to step up my resolution with my next home desktop purchase. I don't necessarily need the power of MacPro (but I could so some serious folding with an 8-core), so I am also thinking perhaps a MBP and a single 30" might do the trick.