Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2.2ghz 15'' MBP w/ 30'' ACD or 17'' High Res?

• 15'' MBP and 30'' ACD

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • 17'' High Res (with iPhone using leftover money?)

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters

powerocool

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
iPhone!!!! :D

But if you aren't getting the iPhone, then 15" + 30" ADC gives you the best from both worlds. More portable on the road + better screen for graphics and multimedia at home.

mac2be

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2007
What would you rather have in an ideal situation?

The first option is a much better one in my opinion. When you are on the go you want portability and that's offered by the 15" more than the surf-board 17". If you are at home, working on a 30" is a dream, working on 17" for many hours is kind of annoying. Also, what happen if your MacBook Pro dies or becomes obsolete in 2/3 years and you want a new one? With the 15" you didn't spend a fortune, so you'll be able to sell it, get the new model and still hook it up to the shiny 30" display. With the 17" you will be able to sell it sure but you will have to spend again lots of money to get a replacement just as big (because you won't have an external large monitor).

I wouldn't even consider the second option. 30" is so awesome, it's like a full immersion in your computer.

fabio80

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2007
hello, in some days i will receive my mbp sr 2.2 15'
in office i have also a 24 lcd dell, that i'm very happy about, btw it needs a little bit of time to be used to, the resolution is very high

that will be my configuration to do my work, mainly website and graphics work

i have to say that i have also a powerbook 17 g4 that is one of the best machine i had, slim and portable like any normal laptop, with a big screen of course.

choosing from 15mbp + 24 or 30 " display , or 17 mpb hr, i will definitely buy the first one

about using the 30"... maybe for mywork and my eyes the resolution is a bit too high

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
If it were a 15" MBP and a 20 or 24" LCD that'd be a different story, but 30" LCD's are sweet. Go for the 30" LCD if you absolutely NEED that much room (professional video or photo editing). If you don't need it for professional work, go for the 17" MBP HD and the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.