2.2GHz blackbook vs 2.2GHz Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wwwdotcomdotnet, Dec 28, 2007.

1. wwwdotcomdotnet macrumors member

For $200 extra the only upgrade the blackbook has is 40gigs more HD space?

For those of you here that bought a blackbook, how come you didn't buy the Macbook (white) 2.2GHz and upgrade to a 7200 HD for about the same price as the blackbook?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

People buy it for the design, and to stand out from the crowd...

3. wwwdotcomdotnet thread starter macrumors member

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'm on the fence between the MB and MBP, but I think I'd prefer the blackbook too. Just wondering what other peoples' reasoning was for justifying the $200 extra for color and 40gigs (the upgrade on the white 2.GHz to the 160gig HD is only $67 extra w/ student discount, which makes it identical to the blackbook besides its color).

4. Mada macrumors newbie

I bought a refurb which brought the price down to something I was more willing to pay, also we already had a white macbook in our house so the black one stopped confusion!

5. smooth macrumors 6502

smooth

I tend not to buy white anything (appliances, cars, etc). Dirt shows up too easily. Plus the cover of the white MacBooks seems to be the same material as the iBooks had. I've worked with a couple iBooks that are about 3 years old and the white cover has an off-white to yellowish tint now. While the black MacBook does show fingerprints easier, I can just wipe those off. However I bought a sleeve/cover for it so I don't ever see the the cover, so in retrospect I would have gotten the white one and just upgraded the memory.

6. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

the macbook is pure white no yellow tint at all, and i owned a new MBP and went back to the macbook due to not liking the MBP screen.

7. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Was yours very yellow?

8. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I bought the black just for the simple reason I liked the look of the black better.

9. macdim macrumors 6502

Bought white. $200 is $200 and it can be used to max the ram and get a nice case to protect the MacBook. I guess people who buy Apples care more about style than Windows users. I bought it for the OS and its small form factor, not colour. Now I'm ahead of the game as I just ordered a 4Gb kit and my computer still costs less than a comparable black one with less RAM.:cool:

10. smooth macrumors 6502

smooth

Weren't the iBooks supposed to be pure white too? I did not see them until they were 3 years old and they had the tint - but it was not universal so it makes me think it was due to discoloration.

11. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

My iBook

I have a iBook G4 and there's no yellowing tint on it? Do you have it around people that smoke? That will turn things yellow.

Hugh

12. jphan macrumors newbie

if you have the money go for it. i have the black macbook and i love it, it is worth every penny. the white macbook DOES get yellow. goto an apple store and compare the two. a good and bad thing about the blackbook is that fingerprints and dirt show easily, this is a good thing because you can clean it right when it gets dirty that way you can keep it looking good all the time. goodluck, either or you will not regret the purchase!

13. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Black is worse than white for dirt a lot worse. Look at an black electronics they show dirt very easily cars for example show dirt when they are black.