2.2Ghz MacBook issues fixed no questions asked......:)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HaveBlue83, Feb 4, 2009.

1. HaveBlue83 macrumors newbie

West Grove, PA~ Stationed at Fort Polk, LA
    just a lil update on issues i was having:

-My Hard drive S.M.A.R.T status failed and my hard drive was unstable for anything other than little things. I had to run music and picture files off external HDD's. all storage on the drive was sketchy. This was mostly from extreme heat (130deg. for hours on end) from Iraq and the desert. It did ok till the last month. I know i am sick, but i needed it.

-My optical DVD part of the drive fried out after burning about 8 DVD's.

-My top case had the notorious cracking bottom piece that kept getting longer and longer as time went by.

ALL of these issues were fixed about 3 hours after dropping the unit off at the apple store, and they were PACKED with people. I recieved a new HDD, Optical drive (as far as I can tell) and a new top cover/keyboard/trackpad/button assembly.

I had the apple care extended warranty as I KNEW I would be gone for more than a year to Iraq. All they said is they would check for water damage (I laughed inside since i KNEW it was bone dry inside from the arid climate). No questions asked I picked up the unit at NO charge.

This thing is working great and I have Disk Warrior here to defrag the unit after I put all of my files on the drive and do any needed updates to it. feels like a new machine!!

just thought i would let anyone know if they were worries about warranty work being denied for such things as I had.

Brinton Evans

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Glad to see they did what they were supposed to in the first place :eek:

3. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Wouldn't it be considered "user neglect?" But I don't think they have anyway to tell the extent temperatures it was exposed to, or rather, if they can tell it was because of outside temperatures.

4. HaveBlue83 thread starter macrumors newbie

West Grove, PA~ Stationed at Fort Polk, LA
    all i know is the temps would get to 200Deg. INSIDE on the temp indicators when you burn a DVD or do intensive transfers anyways......

never had a laptop run so friggen hot. I heard they run hot since they cool through the case. that fan works its butt off!!

i KNOW. they did great!!!!