2.3 now organizes movies into groups / folders

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by timholtz, Nov 28, 2008.

1. timholtz macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been asked already, I couldn't find it anywhere. Has anyone else noticed, post 2.3, that the apple tv now organizes some movies into groups? I have a couple movies that I have more than one part to and for some I only see the title and when I click through that I have all the parts on the next screen. It didn't organize then all like that though. Does anyone know what criteria it uses to group movies together, since I have others I'd like it to group?

Thanks,

Tim

2. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

Would like to know an answer to this too, as I have several multi-part movies I'd like to show up as one.

3. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

I read about this new feature on another board (shocking, I know, that I would even consider reading another message board).

If you place information in the "Show" field then :apple:TV will group all those movies with the same show into a folder. For example if you type Star Wars in the "Show" field all the Star Wars movies will then be grouped into a folder.

This will not, however, cause separate video files to be listed as one. When you drill down into the folder you will still see two, or more, video files.

Regards,
    Michael

4. billabong macrumors 6502

As subtle as this one feature is, it could actually open up a whole new option for movie purchase for the appletv. The one thing that the AppleTV purchases lack is Special Features. I know some people love them, others hate them and never watch them. But if they could include the specials features along with the downloaded movie that just might bring over a few more appletv owners.

5. NightStorm macrumors 68000

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. I think I'll use this feature to group movies + special features from a few of my DVDs (ex. LotR extended editions).

6. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

I was just thinking that this new feature would be great to use with my Looney Tunes encodes.

Regards,
    Michael