2.3 vs 2.6?

vito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Can't decide between the base model, 2.3GHz or the slight bump in speed to 2.6GHz

256GB SSD is enough for me,

Would I be better of getting the base model with and increasing the RAM to 16GB?

Thanks,

Imran

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Can't decide between the base model, 2.3GHz or the slight bump in speed to 2.6GHz

256GB SSD is enough for me,

Would I be better of getting the base model with and increasing the RAM to 16GB?

Thanks,

Imran
Most users won't notice any performance difference between those processors, since most users rarely (if ever) tax their CPU to the limit. The same is true for 16GB of RAM. It's likely you'll never exceed the need for 8GB. Of course, this all depends on your normal workload.

dlewis23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2007
If 256GB is enough get the base and upgrade to 16GB of ram. Its always nice to have the extra and since you can't upgrade it later you better do it now.

vito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Most users won't notice any performance difference between those processors, since most users rarely (if ever) tax their CPU to the limit. The same is true for 16GB of RAM. It's likely you'll never exceed the need for 8GB. Of course, this all depends on your normal workload.
I'm coming from a C2D 2.4GHz MB so anything today would be a substantial upgrade :D

If 256GB is enough get the base and upgrade to 16GB of ram. Its always nice to have the extra and since you can't upgrade it later you better do it now.
My sentiments entirely, 16GB would future proof it really well.

unixperience

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2010
i recall people complaining about the small mba harddrives when they came out. if you look there are "how to" guides for concealing an sd card in the slot almost flush with the body, thus giving you some more "harddrive" space.

just a little side note

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.