2-3 weeks to replace a faulty watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shenfrey, May 11, 2015.

1. shenfrey, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015

shenfrey macrumors 68000

Does this sound reasonable to you? It has been about a week since I received my shipping window, they said I was priority but it seems many others are getting the same watch before me. Should I just hang on or phone Apple?

2. bashmagic macrumors regular

I don't think it's reasonable, personally. I think you should call them.

3. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Hmm, ok I will at least give it a try. Not sure what good it will do though.

4. AaronG123 macrumors regular

Stuck in the same boat, returned my watch yesterday - now have a 2-3 weeks wait for replacement. I was told I was a piority also. Let me know how you get on with Apple support.

5. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502

I don't think Apple made many watches prior to. I was a day one delivery for my 42mm SS. When checking the build date, it was the week before. They obviously did not have a lot of stock ready, and now are building and shipping out as best they can to fulfill orders.

They probably already used up the few they kept for replacements (if any), so will have to build a new one for you. But at least you get a brand new watch. :)

6. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

I've heard that some people with AppleCare+ had the option of Express return?

7. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

AppleCare plus or not, if you receive a faulty product you should not have to pay additional money to take advantage of a quicker return process.

8. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

Of course not. I returned mine and the AppleCare+ and am currently waiting for my refund. Just didn't want to hang around and wait for a replacement.

9. Repelle macrumors regular

Not really reasonable but that's the way it is (at least in UK) My replacement was exactly 2 weeks.

10. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

2-3 weeks to replace a faulty watch

I suppose I'll just have to wait. Ringing Apple to complain seems futile.