2.4 SR MBP 6 Gig Ram YEE HAW!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shaunymac, Oct 16, 2009.

1. shaunymac macrumors 6502

Well, I finally took the plunge and made an order. I got 6 gigs, a 1 TB quad interface external and a x-25m g2 80 gig.

My ssd should be getting here sometime today. I just opened up photoshop after reseting the pram, it wasn't fully aware 6 gigs was in there, and it is nice! I just opened up a random amount of images on my desktop that I shot the other night and sat back and watched the activity monitor.

Ok, so I had 2 gigs previously and cs4 struggled at times. It took a couple of minutes to open the images I selected but I was able to use exposé and still use other programs. After it opened the images, I counted to see just how many I had open. 55! Whoa! And, never did I dip below 2 gigs while in the process.

This is so so nice. I can't wait to get that ssd in this sucker.

2. rodo macrumors newbie

hehe u r the man... i want 6 gigz on my mbp too since I read it was possible. stability is ok?

3. shaunymac thread starter macrumors 6502

Stabilitiy is a.o.k!

I recently put in the SSD and went ahead and bought 10.6. I'm loving my mac! I am around a bunch of people getting new macs so, instead of buying a new one, I did this. The crazy thing is, mine feels faster than the new stuff. I love it.

4. rodo macrumors newbie

hehe sounds gorgeous .. .me 10.6 too n 7200-500gb on it ... it flies and would never change for a unibody :) cant wait to put 6gb..

5. shaunymac thread starter macrumors 6502

Believe it or not, I had a 320gb 7200rpm in mine before I put the ssd in. I went back and forth trying to decide on speed or storage. I'm glad I put the ssd in but I do miss the space.

My problem is that I am a photographer so I have lots of files that used to be with me but now they are located on an external. I am still contemplating taking the SuperDrive out and putting the 320gb drive in there for storage. As of late, I have had to use my SuperDrive more in the past month than I used it all of last year!

There is a thread around here somewhere that has the parts needed on the cheap to do this. I may just go ahead and order them. After typing this, it makes me realize how sick I am of carrying around my photos on an external.

6. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

I know you're a photographer, but how many photos do you use frequently? You can get 64GB USB Flash drive for $140. Isn't that enough space? I mean it almost doubles your SSD.