2-4 week delay for hi-res screen on 17" SR MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ProMod, Jul 9, 2007.

1. ProMod macrumors 6502a

I finally went to take the plunge and get a 17" MBP, but adding the high-res screen option pushes the estimated ship date from 24 hrs. to 2-4 weeks! Say it isn't so! :mad:

2. ScottDrummer macrumors 6502

got mine in a week ordered 27th June, received 4th july (2 weekends in between)

3. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

Same here, sucks. :(

4. ProMod thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't wait long enough before, now I have waited too long. My main concern is that Apple will resort back to the sorry manufacturers of the previous MBP screens if Samsung and LG can't keep their supply up. If so, I guess I'll be looking for a recent refurb!

5. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

Got mine. love it. Never seen a better screen and I'm happy not to have the LED yellow tint issues that some have had. Worth the wait...

6. Osprey macrumors 6502

Yes, but it remains at 2 -4 days if you order the glossy:

Estimated Ship:
    2-4 business days
    Free Shipping
    Click "Update Details" to reflect changes to system price and shipping.

* 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    * 2GB 667 DDR2 - 2x1GB SO-DIMMs
    * 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
    * SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    * MacBook Pro 17-inch High-Resolution Glossy Widescreen Display
    * Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English

Isn't that strange?:confused: Guess people need the matte.

7. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

I have a hi-res 17" SR MBP. Had it for about 2 weeks now :). I guarantee you will love it. It'll be worth the wait! ;) :D

8. cottcody macrumors newbie

So i ordered my Macbook Pro on Tuesday this week and got the 2-4 week shipping time also. The e-mail I got from apple said shipping on Aug 7, does anyone know how accurate these ship times are? Or are they just a conservative date that apple posts?

9. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Don't Worry. Be Happy You Can Now Buy 1920 x 1200 MBP.

Hey. that was going to be my comment! ;)
    Very conservative. Don't worry. Just be happy it's finally available. I'll be getting one after it ships with Leopard and gets another refresh - although I don't know how it could get any better unless perhaps 2.6GHz this Fall.

10. Osprey macrumors 6502

I believe in most cases the shipping dates given are a worst case scenario, but I fall into the worst case group. I ordered mine on June 5th and I am still waiting while others that ordered the same CTO as myself, received theirs early. I guess it just depends on how lucky you are. With a little luck, yours might ship earlier. Best of luck and let me tell you this waiting game is really hard.

11. cottcody macrumors newbie

Okidok, I just checked apple's page and its no longer 2-4 weeks, its down to 2-3. Does this apply to current orders I wonder? Hopefully so, I'm super giddy to get my Macbook Pro!!

12. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

I ordered mine July 8, I was originally given an estimated ship date of Aug 6. Yesterday I got an email saying the ship date was moved to Aug 2. Hopefully it come sooner rather than later! :)

13. cottcody macrumors newbie

Update!! Apple shipped it today! So for future readers of this don't worry, mine shipped in a week!! so yours might too good luck!

14. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

Wow, really? Which model did you order?

Waiting makes me sad....

15. cottcody macrumors newbie

I order the Macbook Pro with just the High def anti-glare screen. That was the only adjustment (which subsequently pushed the ship date back) but some how i lucked out and it was shipped yesterday. Due to arrive Monday.

16. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

As luck would have it, it looks like mine shipped out Friday and is due to be delivered by Wednesday. Looking forward to it!

17. Siouxsie macrumors newbie

The estimated waiting times are pretty hefty, it seems. I ordered my MBP when it said 7-10 business days. It still says 7-10. I ordered it this Friday (20th) I got the deilvery e-mail half an hour ago (Monday 23rd).

18. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

My 17" hi-res just showed up, and its the sexiest laptop I've ever seen. :cool::):apple::p