Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mediapirate

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
I just confirmed there's an issue with my new MB's keyboard. It happens when using some of the right side keys, but most annoyingly the delete key. If you type very slow and hit the delete key it usually works but if you're a speed typer and hit the delete key it takes 2-3 hits to function. I had others which had macbooks confirm there's something wrong with it.

I bought the macbook at Microcenter but I would like to bring it to the apple store to check it out. I know Microcenter is an authorized apple dealer but if one of the apple techs confirms it's defective will they replace it there?

PS: I'll be buying the apple care while I'm at the store now too :)

MP

mediapirate

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Defunct Keyboard

I believe there was a major issue with my previous MB as the Apple tech said the screen wasn't rendering fonts correctly which was my original problem. He discovered the keyboard issue immediately and submitted a tech update but I had to drive to Microcenter to swap out the macbook. I have been using this one for 3 hrs now and I can safely say the keyboard issue is in the past and the screen looks better too. I did notice that the serial # on the previous macbook and this macbook are totally different. The old macbook had a longer serial # about 3-4 characters extra than the new one.

Long story short, I'm happy now. I didn't have my macbook registered so the tech did it for me.

just bring your receipt. And make sure you've registered your MB with Apple. :cool:

Kalafut

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2008
pocatello
i am glad everything worked out alright, it always sucks when that kinda thing happens, and you end up having to cough up money for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.