2.5 15" MBP AG now @ $1700 or refresh at $2500?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Maven1975, May 16, 2012.

  1. Maven1975 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2008
    #1
    Have the chance to pickup a 2.5 8gb AG 15" MBP for $1700. Do I pick it up or wait for the refresh. I could wait, but need a laptop. More to the point, wonder what this machine will be worth come July.

    If I could unload it for $1500 in July I would be fine. However, since everyone is so looking forward to the refresh, do you think it will be with less than that on the resale market?

    Odd question, but wanted to get thoughts on this subject. I am sure there will be more people in my position very soon.

    Thanks!
     
  2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

    yusukeaoki

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2011
    Location:
    Tokyo, Japan
    #2
    Hmm Im not really understanding your statement.
    "I could wait, but I need a laptop".
    Does this mean you can wait or do you need a laptop right now?
    If you can wait then wait.
    If you need a computer buy now.

    Nobody knows the release date for the 2012 MBP.
    Wether that would be in June/July or end of September.

    Its up to you to decide.
     
  3. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #3
    $1700 sounds like a mightly good deal for an excellent machine like that.

    I wish mine was $1700…
     
  4. SDAVE macrumors 68040

    SDAVE

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2007
    Location:
    Nowhere
    #4
    Damn, I paid around $2,500 for mine. And that's the 2.3ghz i7.

    If you can hold on until WWDC, that would be better. It's right around the corner. Apple might not even announce new laptops, but there's a lot of buzz and a refresh is inevitable.

    Worst case scenario, after WWDC you can probably pick up a refurb for probably lower too.
     

Share This Page