2.5" 4 bay JBOD array?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MaxPower72, May 5, 2013.

1. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

I have 4 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint HN-M101MBB drives than I would like to organize in an external array. I don't need RAID I just want them to be accessible individually since each one will store different medias. It will be connected to my MBP.
    I've been looking around but I mostly found 3.5".
    I'd like to know what kind of solutions you guys are using to store your media.
    thank you

2. tmagman macrumors 6502

the only 2.5" storage array that i've seen is the Drobo Mini which I've so far been impressed with. Its not a JBOD but uses their Beyond-RAID, but you can set it up to have several volumes rather than just one big one. Great size and decent read/write speed. Worth a look.

3. MaxPower72 thread starter macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

Thanks for the quick advice.
    I found also the Promise Technology Pegasus J4
    I'm looking at both of them right now and trying to decide.

4. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

If you want JBOD, the Pegasus J4 is the only one, except for the Netstor NA211TB-LD, which houses four 2.5" drives and three PCIe cards.

5. d.steve macrumors regular

How about just getting a 3.5" setup and some 2.5-3.5 adapter trays? Icy dock and such.

6. MaxPower72 thread starter macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

I thought about it but I'd like also to save some space, I think I'll pull the trigger on the Pegasus J4, it has TB and it's really small compared to other solutions although pricey.