2/5 Orange box crash

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by cabac, Mar 2, 2009.

1. cabac macrumors newbie

Hello

I have buy Valve's Orange box. I am able to run all the Half-Life 2 Games (Half-Life 2, Half-life 2 episode 1, Half-Life 2 episode 2, Half-Life 2 Lost Cost).
    But, when I want to play Portal, When the portals open in the test chamber, CRASH, and when I play Team Fortress 2, I am able to connect to server, but when I am going to choose my charater, CRASH, and when I try to create a server, at the last line of the loading, CRASH.

Boot Camp 2.1
    DirectX 10
    Windows Vista Ultimate
    Intel Core 2 CPU
    T7400
    2.16GHz
    992 MB ram
    32 bit
    SigmaTel Audio driver

Please, help me

2. mateus macrumors member

mateus

What GPU are you running?

Unlike HL2, I think Portal requires hardware certain requirements from your video card. e.g. I couldn't run Portal on my Dell laptop but it ran HL2 fine (Portal would error after loading).

Or it might be a Vista problem.

(btw, I think you mean DirectX 10 not ActiveX 10).

3. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Does it crash with an error?
    If not go to control panel>Administrative tools>Event viewer.

Also, what are your graphic settings in game? try starting with lowest and work your way up.

4. cabac thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to play TF2 in 4:3, 640x480, in fullscreen and the crash is at the same place, but I don't tried with portal

Thank

5. cabac thread starter macrumors newbie

6. MVApple macrumors 6502a

Well I'm on a Unibody MBP and I can tell you that the software update for the multi-touch trackpad screwed EVERYTHING up. After I installed it TF2 would crash every 5 minutes. I did a system restore and like magic everything worked again.

I started a thread on this a while ago and several people experienced the same problems. It may be completely unrelated to your problem but its possible it is.