2.53 / 9400M Mbp 13" vs. 2.4 Mbp 13" 320M

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by windowsboresme, Apr 15, 2010.

1. windowsboresme macrumors newbie

Hello there,

I've been searching the forums and I didn't find this question, hope it's not redundant.

Apple laptops are rather expensive here in Portugal and I waited for this refresh because people would keep telling me to do so. Since I'm not into the hardware thing, I can't tell te difference between hardware parts, I would just like to know if the new low-end 13" Mbp is a best-buy compared to the previous high-end 13" Mbp. Yes, I've read the MR news on the grafics but, again, they could be writing in chinese, it would be the same for you.

The usage for this laptop would be text edition, light gaming and SPSS work (Statistics database).

Is the new one worth it? Here in Portugal it is considerably less expensive than the old high-end Mbp 13".

2. kraftzwerg macrumors regular

Yes, I would say go for the new low end one. The drop in processor speed to the previous high end one will not be noticeable, but you do get the benefit of significantly improved graphics and also longer battery life. The new high end one is a rip-off (almost 300 Euro extra for just a little bit faster processor and somewhat larger hard drive - the hard drive is very easy and cheap to change when you are ready for a larger one - then you can even get 750 GB if you want)

3. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

Its funny that they went back to the Intel Core2Duo P8600 2.4Ghz that was in the high-end unibody Macbook for the latest low-end Macbook Pro 13".

Anyways yes I'd definitely get the current low-end 13" Macbook Pro 2.4GHz over the previous high-end 2.53GHz. The 320m graphics is about 1.8x faster as Apple claims.

4. windowsboresme thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks my friends! I'll stick to your advice =)

5. hellfire88 macrumors 6502