2.53 Ghz or 2.66 Ghz 15"??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by listen2justin, Jun 13, 2009.

1. listen2justin macrumors newbie

I am gonna buy a MBP 15" next week, but the question is which one to get. The 2.53 Ghz or the 2.66 Ghz? This will be my first Mac ever... the reason I am going with Apple is because I am into music production and I want to hook music equipment up to the Pro. I've been asking around and most people say that the 2.53 is cool enough. There's a $300 difference between the two so I am wondering if I should just spend that money on software (i.e. parallels, office mac, etc.) and apple care. Thanks in advance for all ur advice.

2. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

Since it sounds like you will not be playing many video games or doing other graphics intensive work, the 2.53 GHz MBP should suit your needs just fine.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

The processor difference is minimal. Spend the $$ on third-party RAM or a larger HD.

4. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

Agreed. I would go with the 2.54 GHz 13.3" MBP because I need the speed and I much prefer the size of the 13.3" MBP. RAM is a must, so try to get that anytime you get some extra cash. For the larger HDD, I would go external. It's cheap and able to hook up to other Macs or PCs. But that's just me. I like to keep my important files on my internal and DVD rips on an external.

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Other things being equal, those two processors aren't all that different. Maybe $50 difference, in my opinion, but save the $300 and spend it on something else.