2.53GHz C2D -v- 2.7GHz i7-2620M

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CXsjr, Feb 21, 2011.

1. CXsjr macrumors regular

CXsjr

When it comes to Mac's, I love the superior performance, the clean lines and stylish good looks. Last year I upgraded my G5 Quad with a 27" i7 iMac and all I know is that the difference in performance is stunning!

My question relates to my MBP, currently I have a 15" 2.53 C2D with shocking battery performance (its the late 2008 model - looks the same as the current model but it has the removable battery cover).

Assuming the cosmetic appearance (yes, I'm a "must have the latest design" snob!) and other features of the next MBP change, I'm thinking of ordering (hopefully later this week, fingers crossed) a 17" 2.7 i7-2620M (assuming that's the top spec).

In laymans terms, can somebody please explain what performance enhancements I might expect from what seems like a very small increase in processor size??

Many thanks in advance .... :apple: lover

2. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Would be very noticeable in my opinion. Basically, GHz in no way really matters anymore, it's all down to architecture now-a-days.

3. vectus macrumors member

I... what?

4. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

This is all based on guesswork and is utterly stupid to expect all this, as you may just disappoint yourself. However, don't let processor clock speed fool you; it may only be .17ghz higher but the performance of the i7 processor far outweighs that of the core 2 duo. Even at a slightly lower clock speed I would recommend the i7 over C2D anyday.