2.6 15" or rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by superpooh487, Aug 12, 2012.

1. superpooh487 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, another one of these threads.

i currently own a spring 2011 13" macbook pro.

im in the markter for a new one.

I am looking at both of the 15's and the one retina macbook pro.

I want to be able to play guild wars 2 onit

i due a lot of video editing and will be bootcamping it with sony vegas.

So which one would be the best for me?

How big of a difference is the 2.3 vs. the 2.6? for the non retina?

and whats the difference between the 2.6 and the 2.3 rMBP

Sorry for asking these stupid questions, i have been off the board for a while now

2. kzhlin macrumors member

Keep in mind that if you need the extra hd capacity (256 gb vs. 512 gb/768 gb), the 2.3 rMBP only has the 256 gb option. So in this case, you will need to rely heavily on external hard drives. If you need more internal storage, you will need to go with the 2.6/2.7 ghz models.

Personally, I do not like to use bootcamp. If I were you, I would try to learn to use Final Cut Pro or some other Apple-native apps.

Also, remember that with the much better screen, the retina mbp's gpu works more to power that retina display.

If you are doing video editing and other intensive programs, you might want the 2.6 ghz model. You never know when that extra processing power might come in handy.

3. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

You sure? I thought Apple changed it last week so that you could fully configure the 2.3 any way you like.

To the OP, the bump in speed from 2.3 to 2.6 is about 10% for only $100. Good deal. Bump the RAM to 16 GB.

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

You can change the base retina configuration for more ram or storage and even CPU.