2.66 & 2.8 MP Inquiries

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Catch Them, Oct 15, 2008.

  1. Catch Them macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    #1
    I have a 2.66ghz Quad MacPro from Feb 2007 and a 2008 2.8Ghz Octo MacPro from July 2008 (which was acquired for work but now since i own both i was wondering which one would be a more suitable one to keep or sell.

    (the 2.66 currently has the x1900 but if i keep it id upgrade it to the 8800, and the 2.8 already has the 8800 and wifi as well...so its a matter of transferring my windows drive to the other machine or vice versa)


    Reason being is i need more flexibility with being able to bring a computer with me on various locations and im really liking the new MacBookPros that were released the other day.

    id probably get the base ine model MBP 2.4ghz so im wondering which way be the best route and what may hold its resale value a bit more to accustom costs at this point?


    thanks in advance!
     
  2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

    UltraNEO*

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2007
    Location:
    近畿日本
    #2
    I think only a fool would give away the newer machine in favour of an older and slower one. Don't worry about the video card on either system, they're upgradeable.

    If anything the 2008 system will have more future proofing, internal storage space for more hard drives etc... Plus it'll be more capable for today's applications and at least for the next couple of years. But that's my opinion only.
     
  3. Catch Them thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    #3
    thanks, and yeah its pretty true.

    the thing is i have my windows install on there (the 2.66) and wasnt sure how easy it would be to remove that drive and slap it into the 2.8


    i think thats basically my only issue at this point.
    and figuring out a good Price point. but thats another thread/forum/subject
    :cool:
     

Share This Page