2.66 or 2.93 uMBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xychromoz, May 27, 2009.

1. xychromoz macrumors newbie

Decided to switch from PC to Mac after losing enough of my work when the PC crash.

Was wondering if i should get the 2.66 or 2.93 uMBP.

I do a lot of video editing mostly in HD and some photoshop. Portability is very important so desktops are out of the question.

Also is there a difference between the 15" and 17" besides the screen size?

2. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

You can see the difference on the Apple Store when you go to buy a Macbook Pro. The main things are the screen size (duh) and the new longer lasting battery in the 17" (a bit counter intuitive).

If you have the cash and won't be super duper mobile (i.e. working on planes, trains and automobiles all the time) then I'd recommend the 17". The higher end 15" is basically the same computer though save the screen resolution and battery life. I purchased my 17" online last week and I'm eagerly anticipating its arrival:)

3. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

If money isn't a factor, go for the 2.93 GHz. As for the differences, the 17" has the non-replaceable battery.

As MacsomJRR said, go for the 17" if you don't want to be "super duper mobile". If you are constantly traveling, go for the 15". If portability means just moving from one room to another or going from the office to home, then go for the 17".

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

The 17" also has a $50 CTO matte option for the screen, whereas the 15" does not.