2.66 quad Vid card question

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by MAC ON STEROIDS, Apr 25, 2009.

1. MAC ON STEROIDS macrumors newbie

Hey mac bro's

Just got back from the darkside and got myself a beautiful mac pro 266. I have this thing set on the highest res of like 1680 x 1050 at 59.9hz(refresh rate) I was wondering since on this stock nvidia card higher refresh rates like 75 are greyed out woudl the ati radeon card allow me to use this res at that refresh?? The lower rates really piss my eyes off for some odd reason so now im doomed to lower the screen size to have the 75 refresh. Anyone out there know which cards would let me have a higher refresh rate to a high resolution?? Thanks so much

-MOS

2. dvince2 macrumors 6502

dvince2

Would it depend on the monitor? I have the ATI 4870 in mine with a Dell SP230W, and I'm limited to 60 as well

3. MAC ON STEROIDS thread starter macrumors newbie

I was wondering the same thing , oddly enough this same monitor i used with my pc and it had a nvidia geforce somthing with 75mhz as the rate. Anyone know what the apple 30" cinema displays are capable of handling refresh ratewise at which screen resolution. As for now im stuck at 1280 x 920 or 1024 :mad:

4. MAC ON STEROIDS thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone?? Anybody running the 30 inch matte cinema display, can you guys tell me what your max resolution is and refresh rate are with the stock nvidia 120 or ati 4870