2.66 vs 2.8 processor Battery life.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MikeSantor, Jan 18, 2011.

1. MikeSantor macrumors regular

So I did a little searching but could not find a definitive answer on this. Im curious on how the battery is affected by the faster processor. The problem I have is The biggest thing Im interested in is battery life. Since the majority of the time Im using my mac on the road, battery life is number one. On the other hand, I do quite a bit of video encoding and things of that nature. So having the fastest processor I can would be nice.

My last macbook pro was the a 09 2.66 with intel SSD and 4 gigs of ram and with the brightness turned to 50% I would get 8 SOLID hours surfing the net and playing music. If I was just using word and had nothing else going/ wifi turned off I would easily get more. I understand that was a C2D and the I series are more power hungry. Thats a big part of why im making the thread.

So has anyone compared the battery life of the 2 or does anyone have an educated opinion on this?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The difference in battery life, using both processors for the same tasks, would be negligible, if any at all.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. MikeSantor thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a bunch GG. I spent too much time looking up benchmark style tests and neglected the obvious. Thanks.

4. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

yea the .14 gHz difference will not cause a major difference. I used a classmate's 2.66 ghz mbp and i got very similar, if not the same results as my 2.4.