2.6GHz and 250GB Macbook Pros!!

hishat

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
178
8
United Kingdom
That's just for the US it seems... don't get that option in the UK stores yet.... bah
yea, it will soon thou...i hope....and when it does...im gonna get my 2.13ghz macbook replaced for one of them! x1300 if so much more bettr than dis crapp GMA!
 

CashGap

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
411
0
Music City, USA
Any chance of an "AppleCare endorsed" upgrade to 250mb? $$$ isn't the big issue, for this particular machine I'll pay a little more to stay fully in the flock.
 

Ilovemygeek

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2007
205
0
I'm pist my 160 G 7200rpm hasn't arrived yet, but now it cost the same as the 200G 7200rpm. I got hosed. Mine shipped yesterday.
 

Ilovemygeek

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2007
205
0
Hey Concorde, when did you get yours. I just checked my invoice and I saw this



Should Apple reduce its price on any shipped product within 10 calendar days of
shipment, you may contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-676-2775 to request a
refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the
current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple
within 14 business days of shipment.
 

Inconsequential

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2007
1,977
1
Got here on Monday, 29th October.

Shipped from China the week before on the saturday, 20th October.

Thats so annoying! :(
 

Xil3

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2007
169
21
London
Hey Concorde, when did you get yours. I just checked my invoice and I saw this



Should Apple reduce its price on any shipped product within 10 calendar days of
shipment, you may contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-676-2775 to request a
refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the
current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple
within 14 business days of shipment.
The 2.6 isn't the same price as the 2.4, so he wouldn't get a refund. It's like $250.00 extra to upgrade to the 2.6 (only in the US store at the moment).
 

Ilovemygeek

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2007
205
0
Call today, your still in the window of 14 days from Shipment

Not about the 2.4 to the 2.6 its because the 7200rpm drives were 160 G and now they're 200G for the same price. That's why I'm fired up about. The hardrive I got isn't listed anymore on the site.
 

Xil3

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2007
169
21
London
Not about the 2.4 to the 2.6 its because the 7200rpm drives were 160 G and now they're 200G for the same price. That's why I'm fired up about. The hardrive I got isn't listed anymore on the site.
Ah ok, yea that makes more sense. ;o)

Anyone have any ideas when the 2.6 will be available in the UK stores as well?
 

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
8,113
1
One Nation Under Gordon
Yes - an idea of UK availability of all this would be nice. About now seems like as good a time as any to replace both my personal MBP's. I'll wait three weeks or so for the inevitable build quality issues for it to filter through to the forums and place an order once I'm satisfied it's not going to be any appreciably crappier than my existing MBP's have been.
 

Ilovemygeek

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2007
205
0
Sigh, my shipping update has it leaving China today. I really hate that its outdated before it even left.
 

Bilvox

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2004
64
0
Boston
Sunna beotch.
Well I am looking at the specs and the time it would take to get one, and I am starting to feel better about my purchase last night.
I went with the 2.4 15 inch 160drive.
Istill feel like DOOH I shoudl have waited just one more day.. but I have this now, and I can get started on my projects that went a month with our attention.
The machine runs wonderful though and as I get to know leopard more i know I will dig it.
best
~bv:apple:
 

airfang

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
169
0
ecks, I dont see this as an upgrade though, just the addition of options..

I got my MBP last Wednesday, and I don't regret about it, paying $200-250 more for 0.2 GHz improvement? hmmmm, it shall take a while to consider :D
 

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
4,340
400
Boston, MA
i wonder if the upgrade is worth $250. also no option of a hybrid HD yet. and the ram upgrade to 4GB is still $700. at OWC its $180.

great notebook but very pricey if you go all the way.
 

Solesk

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2007
86
0
the question is. does this count as the mbp refresh? or are we still likely to see something in january? i'd hate to wait all the way till january to see nothing. i'm tempted to just buy now.
 

Similar threads

  • john120165
1
Replies
1
Views
110
  • Oliver G
2
Replies
2
Views
92
  • Super Xander
4
Replies
4
Views
148
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.