2.6ghz rMBP Bestbuy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ModernMosis, Jun 29, 2012.

1. ModernMosis macrumors newbie

Anybody get/seen a 2.6ghz rMBP from BestBuy or is the base model the only model available?

2. titanflyer macrumors member

They have both, but mostly they are getting in and selling the base model. I drove to a BB 30 minutes away to buy mine, then the one around the corner called me and said they got 8 in... I bought the base since it is what I can afford, but may end up going for the 16 GB from apple.

3. ModernMosis thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked the Online Availability and a BB 5 minuets away from my house has 2.3 in stock i just think i would benefit from the 2.6ghz model, 16gb would be nice but i cant wait a month to get the laptop.

4. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

as far as I know, my best buy has only gotten in 1 of the 2.6Ghz model and that was on the first week it came out..

I bought a 2.3 Ghz because they had them and I wanted to see if I could get by with that amount of space. I'm on a pre-order list for the 2.6.. but I don't think they've received any, as I haven't been notified.

They do have the 2.3Ghz model in stock now, I was hoping that the 2.6Ghz model wouldn't be far behind..

5. ModernMosis thread starter macrumors newbie

I think i am in the same boat as yourself. I am concerned that 256gb wont be enough. Well i guess when i get off work i will just drive down there and talk to the Apple Rep. If anybody has gotten a 2.6ghz model from BB let me know.

6. corvus32 macrumors 6502a

7. sggarrard macrumors newbie

Best Buy here had both the 2.3 and 2.6 so I bought both so I could decide which I wanted to keep. Haven't opened either but planning on returning or selling one of them.

8. magbarn macrumors 68000

Just picked up a 2.6 from my local bb. They got 8 base and 3 2.6's. I got the last 2.6 and there were still 5 base models left.

9. Jeff3f macrumors member

apple stores seem to be getting more stock in, or perhaps demand is decreasing, or prospective buyers who are willing to camp in the store and call around then drive there have all gotten theirs... I would imagine that the BBs will also be getting more in stock. Having said that, the base model recently starting permitting "find it near me" on the bb web site...and with a few days I noticed that there seemed to be fewer stores even with the lowly base model in stock (it's not lowly, just too low SSD wise for me!).

10. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Wish they offered 16gb Ram versions in store. I hate waiting 4 weeks for my BTO.

11. titanflyer macrumors member

I got the 256 GB SSD model since I figure I can upgrade to larger later from one of the vendors that make apple specific ones. Its not like I need it, but if I ever do, I will upgrade for probably the same price and will still have the 256 to put in a USB or TB enclosure and use it for media etc.

12. joec1101 macrumors 6502

I got a 2.6/8/512 from BB (Montclair, California) this past Thursday. They actually went on sale today (both models) - got $150.00 back on my credit card with BB's "price matching" policy.

Anyway, I was at the Victoria Gardens Apple store today and they had all three models in stock (2.3/8/256, 2.6/8/512 and the high end 2.7/16/768 model). So it looks like the Apple stores are starting to get more shipments in.