2.8 15.4 pro battery showing 4.15 Hours !

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kamin99, Feb 9, 2009.

1. kamin99 macrumors member

My battery in the last 2 days have been showing battery time of 4.15 or 4.00 hours when full charged ,I don't recall it being more than 3.25 h when i got it 2 month ago, is this an indication of something wrong going on here?:eek:

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Are you complaining cause it's showing more time?
    :rolleyes:

3. kamin99 thread starter macrumors member

Oh no :p just wondering why the change in time ,you know you get worried if things get out of the ordinary routine!

4. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Don't worry about it, your battery meter has just drifted out of calibration. Unless knowing how much battery time is left is ever important to you, than don't sweat it. If it is important to you then you can recalibrate it very easily.

5. kamin99 thread starter macrumors member

cheers ,this is good news , did not know you can calibrate though!

6. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

The time remaining will fluctuate depending on the health of the battery and it's capacity. Try CoconutBattery, it's useful in assisting it's overall battery health, also give you some indication as to what's happening inside. Just don't get too obsessed with it, it's just a guide.

Though... if the overall charge drops below 80% of it's original capacity in the first few 3 months of general usage, call Apple!! Because they will be able to issue you a new battery as yours is under-performing.