2.8GHz MBP Wi-fi Issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Loudpipe, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Loudpipe macrumors newbie

Ordered a 2.8GHz Macbook Pro through an Apple outlet a week or two after they came out. Up until the past week, the wifi has been great, but it's been getting weaker, and weaker where I sit in my room (approx. 30 feet from the Linksys Dual-Band N router), through 3 walls. I had the last generation MBP as well and never had anything but full strength (I know it's actually bit rate transfer, but whatever) from here. We have another new MBP, the 2.53 in a different room approximately the same distance away, as well as my old MBP, and both of them receive full signal strength and are fine. My computer is fine as long as it's close to my router here at home, but seems to be fine at school and other people's houses, even when the router isn't super close by. I'm baffled, and this is really pissing me off and I need to find a solution. Already did the PRAM reset to no avail. Anyone?

(I would also add that this thing has just generally been a piece of ****. Sure, it's fast, but it's locked up more in the past 2 month than my last MBP did over the 1.5 years I had it. If this is the way it's going to be, then **** this and **** Apple. For $3000 this thing ought to be perfect.)

2. LinMac macrumors 65816

Wifi problems can be hard to diagnose, but interference can easily cause issues.

Try to switch channels or move the computer to another location an equal distance away to test. There may be something between your computer and the router that is causing interference.