2.8Ghz When ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Saudmac, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Saudmac macrumors newbie

Does any one know when the 2.8Ghz MacBook Pro is coming out ??

2. nick9191 macrumors 68040

3. Saudmac thread starter macrumors newbie

4. kabunaru Guest

5. iMacmatician macrumors 601

The upcoming update (September), although it may be a BTO option.

6. Fabiano macrumors regular

I know but if I say I have to kill you... and since I dont know your adress, I should not tell you. :rolleyes:

ha

7. kabunaru Guest

That's scary. Are you an Apple store worker or something?

8. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Whenever the refresh happens, most likely with the same prices and order options as the 2.6Ghz chip on the current one.

9. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

is there a consensus as to how the faster chip affects heat and battery life in the current MBP?

i mean for 5% more CPU speed i wouldn't trade battery life or heat issues.

10. Saudmac thread starter macrumors newbie

If you tell me I'll give you may address :D

11. iMacmatician macrumors 601

It has the same 35 W TDP of the current top-of-the-line 2.6 GHz processor in the MacBook Pro.

12. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

No, Terminator :D

13. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

yes, it is predicted that the refresh will happen the day after the back to school deal is over :eek: but other than that no news yet. hopefully, they are, as the rumors go, up to 80% :eek: faster than the current Penryn macbook, AND support High Definition (they already have HDMI out, but the MBP screens are NOT currently 1020p High Definition.) -- again, hopefully they have a high def model out soon, especially in the 15" - if they dont then i'll be extremely :mad: (angry) and will have to wait yet another year, hoping that they come out with one. :mad:

but again, hopefully i do NOT have to go thru that, and that they will come out with a really good refresh, and will maybe even have faster than 2.8Ghz, cuz apparently they are gona be using inte's Centrino2 chip and the Montevina Chipset. and looking at the intel site i saw that the centrino 2 is clokced at 3.2 Ghz dual core. which is pretty darn nice :cool:

so again, im hoping...

14. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

15. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

80% faster??? impossible. it's the same penryn CPU as they are using now. and the montevina platform gives you onle a bit faster FSB.

and i highly doubt a HD screen in the 15" model. that happens only when OS X is fully resolution independent. maybe the 17" goes HD but I even doubt this.

16. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Don't know why you bothered to quote my post, but since you did, I felt the need to correct you.

17. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

But buy now because in 2012 we'll all be dead anyway. :eek:

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

19. nick9191 macrumors 68040

yes, it is predicted that the refresh will happen the day after the back to school deal is over :eek: but other than that no news yet. hopefully, they are, as the rumors go, up to 80% :eek: faster than the current Penryn macbook,

They are not changing the processor, all they are changing is the chipset. The new Macbook/Pro will run Penryn processors like the current one, at a slightly higher clockspeed, making for a negligible performance increase.

AND support High Definition (they already have HDMI out, but the MBP screens are NOT currently 1020p High Definition.) -- again, hopefully they have a high def model out soon, especially in the 15" - if they dont then i'll be extremely :mad: (angry) and will have to wait yet another year, hoping that they come out with one. :mad:

They do not have HDMI output, and the 17" high res screen does support full 1080p. And 1080p on a 15" screen is quite honestly a complete gimmick.

but again, hopefully i do NOT have to go thru that, and that they will come out with a really good refresh, and will maybe even have faster than 2.8Ghz, cuz apparently they are gona be using inte's Centrino2 chip and the Montevina Chipset. and looking at the intel site i saw that the centrino 2 is clokced at 3.2 Ghz dual core. which is pretty darn nice :cool:

Again Centrino2 is a chipset combination. The processors are identical as the processors we have now, but at a slightly higher clockspeed, which might present all of 1-2% performance increase, and increase your ePenis a couple of inches. The processors are not changing until early 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrino#Montevina_platform_.282008.29

And there is a lot of speculation that Apple wont even use this new chipset since basically its a small improvement over the last, and still leaves the baseline products with crappy integrated graphics. And to that I say thank god and good riddance.

so again, im hoping...

So am I :rolleyes:

20. Pickoff macrumors member

Well, I really don't care. I had to order mine on Tuesday, so I'll have to make due with 2.4.

21. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

22. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

edit: it looks like the post i quoted got deleted....

anyways i think 2.8 ghz may be possible by MW 08

23. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Please could have some of whatever it is that your've been smoking