2.93/GT120 vs. 3.06/GT130

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Bolo4u, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Bolo4u macrumors member

I am very new to the entire Apple/Mac world (except for an iPhone) and it's time to get a new desktop, and I will be switching from the PC world. That being said, I have followed the various posts related to some of the technical issues there have been with the new generation of iMac's. I will be doing some limited game play, as well as limited photo editing, and some movie editing/making (expecting a baby boy in late May:eek:).

I am seriously looking at a couple of new 24" iMacs from an online vendor and there is a $100 difference in the 2.93 with the 640G hd and the GT120 and the 3.06 with 1TB and GT130. Would either of these be a good choice, or is there likely to be an upgrade to the processors in the near future to the current line of iMacs, possibly resulting in a price drop? Again I am new to the Apple way of doing things, so I'm not looking for a difinitive answer to the upgrade question, just an opinion based on your experiences. Thanks for reading and for you help.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Get the 3.06GHz as it has better GPU and bigger HD. I doubt it'll go down anymore as it's already previous gen