2.93GHz iMac or 2.66GHz plus 13" MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by louiseg0151, Jun 11, 2009.

1. louiseg0151 macrumors newbie

I am looking at getting a 2.93GHz iMac with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 256MB memory but I was just wondering what would be the performance difference between that and the 2.66GHz as then I could go for a 13" MBP too.

I know the price difference between the 2 isn't the value of a MBP but as my mother will be getting me this on finance (with me paying the monthly payments), I'm just wondering if it's worth paying an extra £400ish and getting a slower iMac and a MBP too.

I will be using the iMac (and MBP) for Web Development, etc and Image Editing/Flash, etc.

2. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I don't think that it is really worth it to buy both. It sounds like a dedicated graphics card would be useful to you. I'd either get the 2.93 iMac or the 2.66 MBP.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I see no need for 2.93GHz iMac, but I don't recommend to buy two computers at the same time, unless you get a discount. Buy iMac now and MBP later on, IF YOU NEED IT.

Depression happened because people lived too much on credit and got debt that way...

4. louiseg0151 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I've decided to go down the Hackintosh root for now (hardware permitting) and then will save a bit more to get the machine I really want.