2 Accounts - music video transfer as easy as apps??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amitdoc2b, Dec 8, 2008.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Hi.

I understand from past posts on this forum that if I purchase APPS from "iTunes Account A", I can transfer these APPS to my sister's "iTunes Account B" on a different computer (via USB drive, then load them into her account). The only issue will be that she will not be able to download the updates for the APPS since I am the original purchaser, correct?

But my other question which has been unanswered is this.. what if I purchased music videos via iTunes in my iTunes account. Can I transfer them with a USB drive onto her computer and load them into her own iTunes account? Will the music videos work in her iPod touch now that they are in her computer, even though they are registered to my account? Will she have any trouble when she resyncs in the future in her account even though my music video will always be there sitting in her account from that point on?

Thanks for your help!

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

When you first put the videos into her account you will have to double click them, at which you will be prompted to type in YOUR iTunes account name and password, this authorises her computer to play content you purchased (you can authorise up to five computers). You will have to do this only once, but until you do she won't be able to play the videos in both iTunes and on the iPod.

3. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank You, Ivan!