2 Airplay questions

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by eclipse01, Jun 14, 2017.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

1. Why can I no longer airplay in Safari (videos from within safari) seems they removed the function down in the corner of videos.

2. When doing airplay (mirror video) when my Ipad screen times out my video on screen does as well. Is the only way of getting around this to set the lock screen to "never"?

2. Alrescha macrumors 68020

I just tried to reproduce this problem and could not. I can see (and tested) the Airplay icon, and I sent a Vimeo video to my Apple TV. I also then clicked the lock button on the iPad and the video kept going (I know this is not the same as mirroring, but I figured I would test it.

There are sites that are not compatible with AirPlay, but if one worked for you before I would expect it to work today.

A.

3. JBaby macrumors member

JBaby

Sometimes you have to start Airplay from Control Center prior to starting the video in Safari.

4. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I have a few sites that used to work before that no longer do (IGN being one of them)

as for the time out, this happens when it manually times out after a couple minutes.

5. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Th
    My experience is that it varies between whatever app/website you're using. To get around the icon being missing, as mentioned above you can do it from control centre.

As for the time out, you could try setting auto-lock to "never" ?

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Clear the Web cache in your browser first to see if that helps!