Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
UK
We had 2 apple watches arrive today, one has a nice stiff digital crown with plenty of resistance, the other moves more freely (mine) which doesn't feel as nice.

Anyone else with more than 1 watch in the household come across this?

Its not a problem, just interesting to note.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
UK
The 42mm has the looser feeling crown, but I prefer the other. Personally it doesn't really matter to me, I just happy its finally here and completely awesome!

I presume there is some variance when they are manufactured.

malreynolds

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2007
Yeah. But it's also possible they felt that different feel was important for different sizes. I'd like to see if the looseness/tightness is consistent across 38mm vs 42mm, because Apple isn't really known to have that much variance. Sure, home buttons and switches get looser over time, but usually not so much when first opened.

Of course new product, they could have screwed it up :)

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
UK
I don't think I would have ever even considered it unless I had another to directly compare it to.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Yeah. But it's also possible they felt that different feel was important for different sizes.

Thinking about it, maybe the 38mm watch has more resistance in the scrolling to better control how fast it moves text on a smaller screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.