2 Apple watches syncing with one iPhone/watch app

deeside81

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2018
Apologies in advance if this has been answered numerous times in these forums but I'm having trouble finding the answer to whether or not multiple apple watches sync data with one iPhone/watch app. I am considering buying 2 apple watches in the autumn if the battery life hasn't improved drastically in the upcoming release. Can 2 apple watches sync together so they are exactly the same? Will tracking be seamless on the app ie can i view tracking data from both watches on a single dashboard/graph?

Cheers

J

matrix07

macrumors 601
Jun 24, 2010
Apologies in advance if this has been answered numerous times in these forums but I'm having trouble finding the answer to whether or not multiple apple watches sync data with one iPhone/watch app. I am considering buying 2 apple watches in the autumn if the battery life hasn't improved drastically in the upcoming release. Can 2 apple watches sync together so they are exactly the same? Will tracking be seamless on the app ie can i view tracking data from both watches on a single dashboard/graph?

Cheers

J

Yes, iPhone support multiple Apple Watches and yes, your activity data will be in sync.

Reactions: deeside81

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
I switch between my original watch and my new one so that I’m never watchless when one’s on charge. It’s a very smooth transition.

TooDarkPark

Suspended
Nov 23, 2017
I have four watches paired with my 8+. Three are series 3 watches and the other is a series 2. Occasionally the data won't sync to the watch I just switched to so sometimes it takes rebooting the watch/phone or turning off auto switch a few times in the watch app.

Last year, I originally bought three series 2 watches with the battery in mind so when one needed charging, I just switched watches and I did the same with the series 3. I wear a watch 24/7 doing this.

matrix07

macrumors 601
Jun 24, 2010
I have four watches paired with my 8+. Three are series 3 watches and the other is a series 2. Occasionally the data won't sync to the watch I just switched to so sometimes it takes rebooting the watch/phone or turning off auto switch a few times in the watch app.

Last year, I originally bought three series 2 watches with the battery in mind so when one needed charging, I just switched watches and I did the same with the series 3. I wear a watch 24/7 doing this.
:O

370zulu

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2014

I was considering this very thing. I want to wear one while sleeping for the heart rate monitoring and one throughout the day. Thanks for confirming this will work!

DamFu

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
Wear my Series 2 for sleeping and the gym, my Series 3 during the day and while cycling.

puke

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2007
Sweden

Next level.