2 Apple Watches With One Phone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LD Curb, Apr 26, 2015.

1. LD Curb macrumors regular

LD Curb

Anyone else feel the need for two watches? I have the space gray sport and love it for around the house and for casual use but really would like to have one of the SS models for dressier occasions. From what I understand, the Sport model was not designed to work with the SS watches' bands. And the finish on it just doesn't lend itself to be seen as a true "dress watch", anyway.

I asked one of the trainers at the Apple store and he looked at the pairing page on the phone and there is not a way to pair two phones. I wish it worked like Bluetooth where we could choose the watch we want to pair the phone with.

Anyone else have the same need as I!?!?!

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

No?

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Any of the leather bands will work fine with the sport. I also don't think the Milanese Loop is bad looking with either sport version. Also the link bracelets don't look that bad either IMO. I will eventually pick up a leather loop or Milanese loop. Not spending 450 on a link bracelet.

4. LD Curb thread starter macrumors regular

LD Curb

I heard that the bands that have the silver "loop" that connects to the watch ... mostly the SS leather bands ... aren't recommended for the Sport versions because the Sport is made from a lighter-weight metal. Also, the loop that connects to the case is shiny stainless .. not sure how it would look with the SG or the aluminum case. I love the Milanese loop ... just not sure how it would look with the SG case.

Looks like I need another visit to the Apple store... but I would really prefer the SG I have plus another watch in SS! :)

5. theConvinced macrumors member

I agree with your needs. My final setup will be SS space black with a sport band for dirty work and around the house or exercise.

Currently using a SS with classic buckle and wish I could go grab a sport band now. Today while doing dirty work I wore a fabric wrist band to protect. Also repeatedly removed and wiped band to remove excess sweat.

Still love the watch though