2 atv's- 1 logs into itunes, 1 doesn't (anymore)

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by needthephone, Oct 30, 2011.

1. needthephone macrumors 6502a

I'm frustrated with my main apple TV (2) which is connected to my living room TV. After the latest update no matter what I do it say's I'm putting in the wrong password and/or account name for itunes sharing and to rent movies from itunes.

I rebooted twice, turned off my imac, tured off itunes, re set my router, reset my broadband.

All I can do is air play from my ipad/iphone but the amin function of the atv is broken.

The apple TV 2 upstairs also was updated but it logs into itunes Ok.

Anyone any ideas- This apple TV is FLAKY to say the least, so temperemental so UN Apple.

2. lazer310 macrumors member

Had something similar with a friends second Apple TV. Turned out the Apple TVs counted towards the 5 devices allowed to connect to iTunes.
    Try deauthorizing the Apple TV that works, then try the one that doesn't.

When I fixed my friends, I did the reset all devices in his itunes account, and set up everything fresh, and it worked.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Assuming You Have Updated

And there are 2 of the darn things.........Do as posted.

I have 3 And they al work fine, but didn't until the updates were applied....Icloud? God but buggy!

4. testerdennis macrumors member

This may sound strange, what remote are you using to put in your user name and password. When I updated I ran into this problem when trying to put my user name and password in. I was trying to input using the remote from my iPhone and I tried 5 times did not let me in. I then grabbed the Apple TV2 remote to input my user name and password and holy crap it worked. This happened on 2 of my Apple TV'S. I can't tell you why but thats what happened to me.

5. needthephone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Maybe you could be right. We have 2 iPhones, an iPad, 2 iMacs and. 2 atv's so more than 5.

I am using the remote not iPhone as I can't pair the iPhone with the atv as it doesn't see it- apart from air tunes.

I love the atv but it is buggy and all was fine before the cloud and these last updates

6. slothrob macrumors 6502

I had something similar happen to me after a power outage. It turned out that the time was set wrong on the aTV2, and it couldn't reset because it couldn't connect to the web. I set the time and then it accepted the ID.