2 AVIs to 1 VIDEO_TS folder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mikefly, Apr 10, 2007.

1. mikefly macrumors regular

Heya...

So, Toast converts my avis to DVD, (very slowly), but my DVD player won't read the disc --

I've tried converting via ffmpeg, but I'm not sure how to convert two avi files into one VIDEO_TS folder -- any help?

Thanks,

Mike

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Can you not use something like VisualHub or ffmpegX to join the two files and then let Toast upconvert?

3. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

May be 2 months too late, but look for a freeware program called Burn (recommended to me by a forum member). You can drag-and-drop multiple AVIs into it. It'll first convert them to mpeg-2. Then, you repeat with those and it'll generate one video_ts folder that contains all of your files. Note that AVIs are smaller sizes than the corresponding mpegs, so you'll need to make sure there's enough disc space on a DVD (4.7GB) to combine the files into a single folder.

I believe Burn is a frontend for ffmpegx, but it's much easier, cleaner (and smaller?) than the latter.

4. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I agree with epochblue...use VisualHub, drag in the .avi files you want, then Select DVD from the top, and it will ask if you want to author a DVD. Checkmark it or accept or whatever, and then it will make them the right size to fit on a DVD.

Best,

Brian