2 broken systems into one?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by venomgt95, Nov 21, 2016.

1. venomgt95 macrumors 6502

venomgt95

My friend gave me 3 Xbox 360's. 1 works 100%, the other two, not so much. One has the red ring, the other works, but has no video (you can hear it, but not see it)

So i was curious as to whether or not i would possibly be able to take both consoles and make them into a single working unit.

Possible? Or just a twisted dream?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I had this thought back in 2008 when my brother found a broken Xbox 360 outside his house! If memory recalls, back then at least, the optical drive was tied to the hardware which made joining two broken systems together difficult. It didn't work in the end but we were able to salvage the HDD. (This was after we found out the Xbox was part of an insurance scam where some guy faked a robbery. We found out his account from the HDD and went to return it and his wife told us everything!)

Step 1 would be to work out what's broken on each machine. 2- Find out if those parts can be mixed together. 3- If they can't, can they have their firmwares modded to work together? 4- put it all together!

Good luck! Keep us updated! Really wish you luck with this. I used to mod gameboys for fun so I got to learn a lot about soldering and tinkering.

3. venomgt95 thread starter macrumors 6502

venomgt95

One of the systems has an HDMI output while the other doesnt (lucky me, the one without the red ring has the HDMI) i tried the HDMI last night, only to have no luck. No video or audio, which leads me to believe the ports themselves are dead or something to do with them has messed up.

Also, I started to take one apart last night but got stuck at removing the clips for the rear casing (funny, i know) any tips to remove those easily? I tried using a small flathead but to no avail