2 Business Days???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by phalewhale, Dec 28, 2008.

1. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Wondering if the shipping dates on the UK online store and a few others from Europe is indicative of anything given Macworld is just round the corner? Seems to be showing as minimum 2 business days on everything...

Not sure if this means anything or not but you never know. Thoughts?

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

probably just selling off old stock as quick as possible before Macworld, i.e. Mac Pro's, Macbook Pro 17", and Mac Mini's

:)

3. phalewhale thread starter macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Thought that too initially, then I realised this is 2 business days minimum across the board - including the new MB/MBP and the MB in white...
    Surely they wouldn't be bumping the specs already? However, they did this last Feb didn't they...

Only reason it's bothering me is because I'm about to order one!

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Normally they have to make your stuff in China and then ship it, hey maybe they've got new reindeer operating the delivery service! but seriously during a recession they may have a warehouse of products waiting to be sold due to over production and under selling which means theyre ready for delivery. In addition i doubt if you ordered the highest spec mac pro with dual graphics cards and 16GB RAM with 4TB Hard Drive it would be here in 2 Days.

5. phalewhale thread starter macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Well if the item is in stock, the product normally ships within 24 hours - not 2 business day's. The 2 day's is normally how long it takes to have the machine ordered/payment authorised and built to specs. If you customise, the shipping date usually increases. In my case, adding 4GB RAM or even a VGA adapter to my MB, the shipping goes up to 4 days.

So what I'm saying is that the current shipping times on the website seem to suggest there is no stock???