2 Calendar questions

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by kwijbo, Jan 17, 2014.

1. kwijbo macrumors regular

1. Is there any way to highlight certain hours but not make them occupied? For example, I'd like to mark my morning hours as "Sales" but also be able to put individual appointments in my sales time.

2. Is it possible to total the amount of appointment hours in a certain calendar weekly or monthly?

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

No.

No.

The stock calendar from Apple is pretty generic. (That's a nice way of saying it's crap for professionals).

Cue the apologists about to swear they can run the world with Apple's Calendar app.

3. kwijbo thread starter macrumors regular

LOL...any recommendations on alternatives?

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I don't know of anything that does what you specify in your original post. I think you're getting into the realm of something that goes beyond basic calendaring though.

There are certainly a ton of calendar apps out there. The key is whether you need iOS equivalents for your other devices (if you have any)

For OSX I use BusyCal. It incorporates task management into the calendar app (where tasks belong in my opinion).

Apple's Calendar and Reminders apps were pretty much dumbed down and made pretty for iOS.

5. kwijbo thread starter macrumors regular

Don't need any iOS equivalents at the moment. I'll check out BusyCal, thanks!

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Also take a look at Fantastical.