2 DAYS to Download OS2 (Video Included)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by joshualindley, Sep 25, 2015.

1. joshualindley, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

joshualindley macrumors newbie

joshualindley

I just realized my text didn't post when I posted this video (which probably explains the haters) :) I was excited to update to OS2 and make technology videos so thought it would be fun to make a video of updating my watch.

Unfortunately, it took TWO DAYS. I started the download with a few hours and it got up to like 6 hours at one point.

I let it go all night and it finally timed out and started another go-round. That time it went fast and worked. My wife's phone went really fast.

Interested to know if anybody else is having the same issues.

Here's the video:

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I installed Watch OS 2 on my wife's Apple watch and mine in under 30 minutes.

P.S. I'm not clicking your link.

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

It took me a few hours on a very slow hotel WiFi. I started it in the evening, and I awoke to a new watch.

4. joshualindley thread starter macrumors newbie

joshualindley

Cool! It worked about that fast on my wife's watch as well! The point is the download on my phone literally kept going on forever and ever. I make videos about the Apple Watch for people who love technology and the watch and appreciate the fun and sometimes crazy aspects that come with being an early adopter. (like staying up late into the night waiting for a watch OS!) Thanks for your comments! I'll see if you can come help me next time I install an update! Sounds like you have an inside way to always make the Apple servers work for you! :)

P.S. Let me know if you make a video of how how efficient your downloads are! I love technology and love watching and making these videos!

5. joshualindley thread starter macrumors newbie

joshualindley

That's awesome! I'm not sure what the deal was. As you can see in the video I have REALLY fast internet. It just wasn't working for me. My wife was working but when I had her phone/watch it went really fast!

6. Shinigami301 macrumors regular

Shinigami301

Mine took precisely 1:40. I'm not clicking your link, either.

7. joshualindley thread starter macrumors newbie

joshualindley

Glad to hear you had no issues! I wish mine had gone that fast! Enjoy your watch. And whatever you do.. PLEASE don't watch videos about the Apple watch ;)

8. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

I am currently downloading it and it started at 8 hours, and now its at 5 hours. I have a pretty fast connection so not sure what the deal is. Is there a way to cancel the upgrade? I need to go somewhere and i cant leave the phone

9. joshualindley thread starter macrumors newbie

joshualindley

I'm glad to hear someone else is having the same type of issues. Yes this was definitely NOT my connection.. something to do with Apple. I ended up leaving mine all night and it had timed out in the morning. I would imagine you could double click home and swipe up to force quit the Apple Watch program and go on with your day. (so it doesn't try to download over your LTE connection) The next day when mine finally worked it went pretty fast. My wife's phone went fast the first time around. Let me know how this resolves for you. It's obviously not a BIG issue since there's not a lot of people posting about it and as you can tell from the comments above - not sure people even believe it is an issue. Might be an Apple server issue. Good luck!

10. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Well i went to the next room to watch tv for about 15 mins and came back to get the phone and it was at 4 mins to go. Hmm odd, right now its installing and at 50%

11. joshualindley thread starter macrumors newbie

joshualindley

Strange!

12. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I don't make videos :)

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I clicked on the link and my AW is now bricked!

14. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I do. But they're not tech related and I'm usually naked in them.

15. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Fancy.