2 different 3Gs' major issues with both.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by marjen, Jul 12, 2009.

1. marjen macrumors member

Ok I am at a loss at what to do at this point. I just upgraded from my 1st gen iphone to a 3gs and have had nothing but major issues since. Basically these are my symptoms.

1. The home button is having issues waking the phone. When it is in standby mode many times what happens is I will click the button and there is a 5 second delay before the screen wakes up.

2. Battery draining like crazy. Go to bed its at 30-40% wake up and it is completely dead. Never happened with old iphone even using OS 3.0

3. Go to use phone and it tells me I need to restore. This has happened 15-20 times since i got (both) phones.

4. If I then force a power off and start up I can make calls but no third party apps will run, they open and close immediately.

So I figured it was the phone went back to apple store, they agreed and gave me a new phone. Well the new one is working just like the old one!!!

So I tried restoring and setting up clean as a new phone. That has not worked either. Only thing I can think of is they both are using the same sim card. Once i got a message about sim card issue when I had the first 3ps.

Has anyone else had these kinds of problems?? I am ready to go back to my old iphone.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I was thinking you needed to do a restore as I was reading through all your problems, but then you actually did a restore. So, you're probably just going to have to go back and get a new 3GS.

3. skball123 macrumors regular

This is the weirdest problem I have heard of. Definitely, my iPhone 3GS does not do this. If it is reporting problems with the sim, go to AT&T, and they will gladly give you a new one for free. Yet, I don't see a sim as the problem, it's worth starting here.

4. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

I would set it up as a new phone instead or restoring

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

He did set it up as a new phone.