2 donkey doubts

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rafagomes, Mar 8, 2012.

1. rafagomes macrumors newbie

Hey guys, how u doing?!

Listen, I pretend to buy the new iMac 27" when they releases it (and hopefully it will have TV functions), but I have 2 doubts. You can respond using the todays version as a parameter.

1 - It's possible to use the apple tv on the iMac, or it has to be used with a tv, only?!

2 - I heard that it is possible to plug and play a xbox/play3/whatever on the iMac, but for that, I will need some kind of adapter, or hardware.
    Can you show me what I need to do?! If I have to open the iMac to install some componet, so can that work out, I will loose the warranty?!

Thanks a lot guys

Sorry for my poor english... I'am from Brazil and don't practice my english mevy much :)

2. simsaladimbamba

As it only has HDMI output, you can only use it with a display with HDMI input, such as TVs and other computer displays.
    Atlona has something for 27" iMacs with Mini DisplayPort and they are currently working on a Thunderbolt version, as their current converter will not work with Thunderbolt.
    No need to open the iMac, but since there is no product for your needs, no need to even buy it.

You could however use a product like the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt or Intensity Extreme to capture HDMI signals on a new iMac.

3. rafagomes thread starter macrumors newbie

4. simsaladimbamba

In theory yes, but for what you use the Apple TV via the iMac?
    Normally content is streamed from a Mac or internet to the Apple TV.

5. rafagomes thread starter macrumors newbie

I loved that blackmagic (thunderbolt version)!!!

For sure I am going to buy that for plug and play my xbox on the iMac.

I will be able to play at 1080p, right?!