2 email accts: difft sound for each acct??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mark34, Aug 6, 2008.

1. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I am using two email accounts on my iPhone. One is Exchange the other is MobileMe. Both are working perfectly. The only issue is that I have to press a bunch of buttons to flip between inboxes and when an email comes in, I have no way of knowing which acct got the mail without going all the way to each in box.

Does anyone know a way to set a different sound for each account or a different notification or someway to have one click shortcuts to each inbox?

When a new email comes in I would love to have a quicker way to know immediately which email address received the email.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. jsgreen macrumors 6502

What do you think this is, a Palm Treo? Next thing people will want is a different signature for each account!

Apple has a way to go to bring the email application up to "business standards" (but I have faith).

As far as I know, you are stuck with a single notification alarm.

3. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

You rang, m'lord:rolleyes:

4. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you got a problem to me. I have multiple email accounts as well. If I get an email notification and go into the email app to view the accounts, it'll put a number next to the account that has a new email. I don't have to go into each account one by one all the way to the inbox to see if there is something new. You should be able to see that at the account list area.