Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

penGwen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2015
I use the "Outlook" app for my work email on my iPhone 6 Plus. I did not disable the native email app because I find that once in awhile the "Outlook" app won't display properly and then I can't reply - so I bounce into the native app and finish what I started. The problem caused is that now I'm getting a double notification on my :apple:watch. 1 from the native app and 1 from the outlook app. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I really like the "outlook" app because it holds a calendar and separates 'focused' emails from (maybe) junk emails. When I look at the :apple:watch app, I can't see where to disable the Outlook one.

penGwen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2015
I should have mentioned I had the mail setting on the :apple:watch already on custom. It didn't fix the problem.

a1psx

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
UK
I've disabled the native client for work outlook, and just check in every so often to see if anything important has popped up (99.9999% of the time it has not).

I've got a fair amount of rules set up, I'm not sure if the "focused" setting looks at the rules and adjusts it's notifications.

I am hoping this works for the watch, as once it arrives I doubt I'll be pulling it out of my pocket that often :)

TreoRenegade

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
You might want to try the (universal) Cloud Magic app, now free in ALL respects.

I configured it for Outlook, gMail and iCloud accounts, all of which remain setup in the native Mail app. The Mail app notifications are off, across the board. CM allows you to set up alerts or no alerts per account, plus individual sounds per account. Bonus: CM has a Watch component.

Add: CM's instant notifications for all -- AND Todoist "card" integration -- proved powerful enough to pull me away from my years-long devotion to OmniFocus. Now, inbox zero is a daily reality as opposed to stubbornly elusive goal.

papashaun

macrumors member
May 1, 2015
Think maybe you have notifications for both native mail and outlook set up Try disabling notifications on one of them on the phone then mirror the watch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.